Types of data we collect
We will only ever collect identifiable data that you give us permission to collect. This is either from your customer account, or from when you fill out our contact form.
This may include the following:
- Your online browsing activities on bowringtransport.co.uk
- Your location
- Your correspondence and communications with us
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, feedback and survey responses
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or a public Facebook page)
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific circumstances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy. Some of the above personal information is collect directly, for example, when you set up an online account on our website or send an email to us. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity.
How we protect your data
Bowring Transport Ltd are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who handle your data
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
- Security controls which protect the IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
- You have the right to view, amend or delete the personal information we hold about you. Email your request to our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal basis for using your personal data
We collect and use customers personal data because it is necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below)
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
- Complying with our legal obligations
Customers have the right to withdraw their consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Bowring Transport Ltd, including:
- Selling and supplying goods to customers
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understand our customers behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcements agencies
- Protecting Bowring Transport Ltd, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations of Bowring Transport Ltd
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Bowring Transport Ltd
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders
If you have any questions about how Bowring Transport Ltd uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Phone us on 01623 842198
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write to us at:
Bowring Transport Ltd
Windmill House Farm
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office, Further information, including contact details, is available at www.ico.org.uk
This policy was last updated in April 2021 and is reviewed annually.